This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerVino #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I don’t often share recipes on the blog but if you follow me on Instagram & Snapchat you’ll see that I cook way too often. At home, I am always making food for the family and specially now, I try to cook for my son so that he has fresh food available every day. So when asked to collaborate with Sutter Home and share my favorite foods to have with wines I just had to create a “mami moment” out of it.
I immediately asked the husband if he could make dinner and then stopped by the grocery to grab a couple sweet/yellow plantains to add to the menu. Sweet plantains and burgers you ask? Well, I bet you’ve seen people adding a layer of fries to their burgers but in this case I decided to add sweet plantains to give them a delicious twist.
As moms we’re always busy but we also need to relax and create some “mami moments” for ourselves. It could be just enjoying a glass of wine while cooking or, even better, while the husband grills some burgers.
Here’s a list of 6 simple things you can do to create those much needed moments :
- A glass of Sutter Home wine after a long day.
- Go for a walk.
- Take a head-to-toe shower or, even better, a bubble bath.
- Lay on the grass and look at the sky.
- Paint, draw, or craft something with your hands.
- Watch your favorite TV show.
As I write this list I can easily imagine someone calling “maaaamiii”. So, in order to have that time of peace, please make sure to let your beloved partner, sister or friend know that you’ll be taking a “mami moment” for the next 45 minutes.
I love Sutter Home wines not just for the taste but they have a 65 year history of providing award-winning California wines and a promise to deliver consistent product quality and superior value in each bottle.
A glass of Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon is always welcome at the end of any kind of day and combined with a burger, it can make an everyday occasion a little more special.
Here’s one more tip:
Take advantage of the beautiful weather and the long summer days to do as much as you can outdoors.
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 ripe/sweet/yellow plantain
- 4 burger patties
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil to fry the plantains (optional)
- Season the burgers with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Set the burgers on the grill while you slice the onions and tomatoes.
- Wash the lettuce and set aside with the rest of the ingredients.
- Thinly slice the sweet plantains and fry.
- Cover a plate with a layer of paper towel and place the fried plantains once they've been fried on both sides.
- Finally layer all the ingredients and add ketchup and mayonnaise to taste.
- You can place the plantains in the oven and bush them with olive oil if you don't want them fried.