Beets? You might ask. When I saw a bag of frozen beets at the supermarket I couldn’t resist thinking that, it’s the perfect ingredient for a smoothie. This nutrient rich superfood will give you energy and add a sweet touch to your daily smoothie or smoothie bowl.
This simple recipe has 259 calories for the smoothie but I garnished with 20 grams of dragon fruit chips (79 calories) and 5 grams of unsweetened coconut flakes (33 calories). If you’re counting calories like me, you might want to add more or less. Up to you!
If you’re trying to convince your partner or bestie to join you on a healthier journey, go ahead and make an extra serving for them on this Valentine’s day!
- SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup, Water
- 1 scoop, Tone It Up Vanilla Protein Powder (or your favorite vanilla protein)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 tbsp, Golden Roasted Flaxseeds
- 35 gm, Mango Chunks
- 2 oz, Beet Chunks
- TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL)
- Coconut flakes, 5 grams
- Red Dragon Fruit Chips, 20 grams
- Weight & add smoothie ingredients to the blender.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Pour Mixture into your favorite cup or bowl and add optional toppings.
Use frozen fruits when possible but if not available, you can always add ice.
Have you ever added beets to your smoothies? I’d love to know if you give it a try and if you loved it like I did.
Love & Cheers! Cristalia